AVOID EXCESSIVE MOISTURE & HEAT
- Avoid draping wet or damp dish towels over doors of the base cabinets.
- It is important to wipe up spills and water marks as they occur.
- Give special attention to areas around the sink and dishwasher.
- Do not attach towel racks to the interior of cabinet doors.
- Use trays under potted plants to catch excess water.
- Avoid placing small kitchen appliances where the heat or steam is directed onto cabinet surfaces.
- Always protect wood surfaces by using hot pads under hot items.
- Never use scouring pads, steel wool, wire brushes or powdered cleaners.
- Do not allow oven cleaners to make contact with any part of the cabinets.
- Avoid sliding objects across the cabinet surfaces.
- Be careful with knives and other sharp objects that can damage the cabinet surfaces.
- Don’t use corrosives cleaners on the cabinets. Strong cleaners and detergents may penetrate the surface, allowing food and moisture to enter and cause further deterioration of the finish. Never leave a cloth moistened with cleaners on a cabinet surface for any length for any prolong length of time.
CARE AND CLEANING OF GLASS DOOR INSERTS
- Use a household glass cleaner with a soft, clean cloth.
- Apply the glass cleaners directly to a cloth rather than the glass or mirror.
- Avoid excess glass cleaners running into cabinet joints.
- Remodelers Mart glass inserts may be gently buffed with 0000 steel wood, it will not scratch the glass.
- Avoid steel buffing of joints on gold, copper, or white-clad mullions, as this will remove the coating.
- White mullions can be protected by coating with carnauba wax.
- Cloths used to clean glass inserts should be laundered separately.
- Use mild soap and warm water to clean door/drawer knobs or pulls.
- Thoroughly dry all hardware joints and surfaces and the surrounding area with a clean cloth.
- Lubrication of hinges is not necessary, however, hinges can be cleaned or dusted using cotton-tipped swabs.
- Many brass and silver polishes contains harsh chemicals that can damage the hardware’s surface. Check the labels and instructions on it before use.
- Always keep cabinet surfaces dry.
- As with all wood products, avoid excessive moisture. Remodelers Mart cabinets are designed for indoor use and are not intended for outdoor applications.
- Over time, moisture left on the cabinets can cause permanent water damage to the finish.
- Quick temperature changes and excessive moisture can be harmful to the cabinet finish and overall cabinet stability.
- Always use a clean and grease free cloth to clean the cabinetry.
- Never use concentrated ammonia or other corrosive solutions on the cabinets.
INITIAL CLEANING AFTER INSTALLATION
- Once your cabinets have been installed, use a soft, lint-free cotton to wipe all exterior and interior surfaces to remove dust.
- Complete a small area at a time and use another dry and clean cloth wipe it dry.
- Never use a dirty or greasy cloth to clean the cabinetry.
- Avoid using a dish cloth or sponge.
- Use a soft, lint-free cotton cloth dampened with a mild detergent or soap, and warm water. For best results, use a “blotting” action rather a wiping motion when cleaning.
- Use mild soap with warm water.
- Dry wet and damped surfaces immediately with a soft, lint-free cotton cloth.
- Harsh detergent residues may harm finishes.
- Avoid ammonia-based cleaners and soaps with dye.
- Food spills and grease will come off more easily if they are removed promptly.
- Wipe up spills and water spots immediately with a lint-free cotton cloth so moisture is not absorbed into the cabinetry.
- Check the areas around the sink and dishwasher to make sure that water and detergents do not dry on the cabinet surface.
- Do not leave printed materials (newspapers, magazines, etc,) on the cabinet surface. The printing ink can bleed into the cabinets finish.
Regardless of the size of the project, you can rest assured that we provide the highest level of service that you deserve. Our team of professionals are highly trained and experienced in the field, qualifying us to deliver the beautiful finished project you are looking for. We strive to make this process as simple and easy for you by reviewing all of your cabinetry options and developing a design that will be both highly functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Give us a call today at (708) 397-4467 if you would like to request a free estimate for any of our services. We serve residents throughout Chicago, NW Indiana, and Southern Wisconsin!